Sunday, February 12

Projects Galore!







These are a few blips 'n clips from projects I've been working on lately, at my dayjob and freelance.


CODE RED - a freelancer working at our office for a few days in January asked if I would be interested in doing some logo exploration with her for a production company that's launching.  She actually paid me a professional rate!  That, I could get used to...


COMICBOOK MEN - by the time I'm posting this, "Comicbook Men" has already aired on AMC.  We did the intro and show packaging for the production company who produced AMC's first ever reality tv series.  The network needed a cheap show to offset the cost of their heavy-hitters "Mad Men" and "Walking Dead".  I got to draw page after page of comicbook capers and although I made all of these lovely lower-thirds for the show, they ended up simplifying the look (taking out our illustrator's hand-drawn portraits).  Tut tut.










DJK is a Real Estate company that we may or may not be rebranding, so I did pages of logo exploration and found that eventually, I end up making any arrangement of letters resemble an alpine ski company.


so, so many logos.  LOCO for LOGOS!




TOP CHEF!

For Bravo, I've been retouching Top Chef gear to make it look fakey and beautiful for the spring catalogue.  Bravo is an insane merchandising machine -- and it kind of frightens me -- but it also pays for my Roth IRA.  So yes, I will remove the scratches, reflections, and dust from their utensils.

Before

After

LITTLE PINK BALLOON

For my friend Lacy's film, I've been working on promotional materials for their festival entry.  This isn't the final version of the poster (which now contains actor faces) and the DVD case will get a texture treatment next.




REBRANDS!

My friend Alex asked me to work on a logo for him -- this project has been the hardest to wrap my brain around (he wants a speech-bubble camera to indicate that he loves telling stories on film).  But: I'm very excited for the collaboration and think the start is looking solid for building upon.




No comments:

Post a Comment