This morning I got to work a smidge late thanks to the impeccable service of the M train as it lumbered over the bridge at Granny-Warp-Speed® (a term coined by my sister Heather when she had to ride with me during my driver's ed days). As I stepped into the office, our head of production, Andy, was there urgently detailing a last-minute design task to everyone on the creative floor. His friend, Idina Menzel, works with the True Colors Fund, a coalition to spread acceptance and tolerance amongst teens so they will hopefully bully each other less and do more musical theatre. Idina was the original "wicked witch" in the Broadway run of Wicked and is a famous actress in her own right, and she had been sending sketches of her t-shirt design for the True Colors coalition to Andy in hopes that he could have us build it out into something more presentable. So, we had two hours this morning to knock something out, and none of us knew what we were doing. The stakes were high: If you were selected as winner of the design-a-tee competish, you would win $100 plus a cocktail tab at The Houndstooth Pub across the street from the office. Either way, everyone was going drinking at 4 PM. Typical work day when Andy is on top of his game.

These are the designs I mocked up; they didn't turn out like what I had in my head but they won the contest and I can now blow that Benny on something frivolous like an extra student loan payment. cha-ching!
Happy mid-week, y'all.

No comments:
Post a Comment