Sunday, September 2

Genevieve onshore!

Now, going back back back in time to the future past present week I arrived home in New York from the Montana wedding trip:

Genevieve visited!  She was on break between cruiseship gigs and graced our fine boroughs with her presence for just long enough that we were able to:


-Sweat it out and catch up on life things while being attacked by her sister Liz’s crazed cat
-Have our usual Thai food date
-Meet for brunch the next morning (after failing to find a great place for French toast + unlimited mimosas, we settled for limited √)
-Wander to Penn Station so she could catch her train and show off the one carrot she saved from her incoming trip (Ladies & Gentlemen: My best friend.  Tah dah!)

Unfortunately for Genevieve, her Amtrak ride back to Richmond, where she’s been staying with her other sister Maria and adorable nephew Giovanni, was derailed (figuratively) when the train hit a man who had wandered into the tracks.  She can tell you the story sometime.  





















My pal Genevieve has some serious sea legs, and has now managed to see more parts of the world than I imagine I will ever be lucky enough to lay eyes on.  Cheers to you, Captain Gen.  You're amazing.  Come back to land soon, though -- I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. my most favorite post about Genevieve ever. ever.

    sea legs indeed.

    ReplyDelete