Sunday, February 24

Everything Else, continued:




Despite recent exhaustive work habits, I have managed to get out and have fun with friends this year.
Here are the rest of The Happenings!


Chinese New Year!  Sam and I made it over to Chinatown for confetti in the slushy streets and delicious dim sum.

































There have been Winter Walks,
Trusses of the El
Sabbath trekkers


View from my roof - Winter skies in NYC are the only pretty thing left once the snow gets blackened.

Valentine's Day care packages, a night at the amazing show, Sleep No More, and my first Girl, Develop It! Class. There was a trip to Coney Island, still boarded up with Hurricane Sandy damage, an afternoon in Marjorie Elliott's parlour, Hot Cocoa with Allison, Brooklyn bar hopping with Michelle, Jared, Brian and Bridget, a Jam session at Sweatshop in which I attempted to play guitar for a change, Donuts with Michelle, and the Vodka Off, amazingly hosted by Amandrew.  (My contribution this go around:  The Tickler - tragically named after a Coney Island ride.  It featured fresh muddled kiwi and cucumber with Bisongrass vodka, pressed applejuice, lemon, and a splash of soda.  It was the healthiest I've ever felt tossing back cocktails.)


The crew + Ruddy Mary
Erin marinated these grape tomatoes in Sam's 
home-infused pepper vodka.  They were AMAZING.



jam!
Grand Central whippy treats
Grand Central tunnel maps

(Poor Coney Island took a thrashing.)
'CYCLONE',  I'll say!







Bridget and I at a Purim (Jewish Holiday) party, wearing hats 
and pondering the difference between good and evil.

Topping the strange happenings list, I found $53 on the street the other night while waiting for the bus, and got asked out by a friendly (but ridiculously self-absorbed) doctoral resident in my office hallway.  The guy texted me a picture of himself getting a tattoo less than twenty four hours after I awkwardly gave him my phone number (because I botched the 'not interested' conversation yet again).  Woah, buckaroo.  You don't even know my full name -- send that to your motha'.

Stay tuned: I've been resting up this weekend and am now running off to catch some Oscars nonsense with my wonderful pals.  2013 is so much better than they said it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment