We celebrated by taking a walk on the Brooklyn Bridge in the 45-degree January weather. It was my first time on the Bridge.
(Left to Right: Ugly Verizon building, Empire State Building, Chrystler Building)
(The Financial District)
(Ice - the only indication that it is, in fact, January around here)
Once you get to the base of the bridge in Manhattan, you're basically on Park Row. You can either head into to SoHo for a David Bowie sighting attempt, Chinatown (for bubble tea!), or Tribeca (for Jay-Z) from here. I once discovered the tackiest cowboy bar in New York on Chambers Street....I don't even think the biggest Garth Brook fans in Montana would think this place was tasteful. I may have to take a trip back there someday if I can just remember what it was called... Anyway, we walked the mile back across the bridge with a slightly less stunning view ahead of us and now I'm once again on the job trail. If only my internship had turned into gold like Allison's! But maybe someday...someday.
(cold watertower we passed again on the way back. what?! I really liked it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment