It's strange to realize that it's been nearly six months since I interned at The Onion. I still keep in touch with the friends I made while there -- in fact, I'm seeing my friend Jordan's comedy troupe tonight as they perform The Cognac Live Orchestra Radio Show -- and I'm still very grateful that I landed an opportunity to work for such an infamous satire publication. The editorial/print division of The Onion is definitely the 'smarter' of the two, but working for the Onion News Network division meant for a bit more silliness, even if some of the output tends to lean far over the line dividing "classy" from "crass".
Although my internship was bunk (the best term I can think of to describe the lack of any skills gained while volunteering my free time), It's kind of fun to see that the projects I helped pull footage and videos for are finally surfacing online. I'm in the mood to play show & tell, so enjoy the following clips if you've got a moment:
Girl Raised From Birth By Wolf Blitzer Taken Into Protective Custody
New Apple Friend Bar Gives Customers Someone To Talk At About Mac Products
USDA Recalls 96,000 Pounds Of Tainted Beef From One Family
**side note: listening to my co-intern Josh calling our local authorities to learn how to dispose of several thousand pounds of meat after the shoot -- more hilarious than the video.
Census Visits Providing Shut-Ins Once-A-Decade Chance For Human Interaction
Obama Drastically Scales Back Goals For America After Visiting Denny's
No comments:
Post a Comment