Wednesday, February 16
Drums
This is a story from months ago, but I never got it into the blog, so here:
Late September.
Graham Avenue.
10:00 p.m.
I'm walking home and am almost to my apartment when I see a man lugging boxes and furniture from his doorway to the curb. He mumbles something and I realize he's talking to me.
(What I think he says:) "D'you want some drugs?"
Me: "Uh, me? Oh, no - I don't do drugs..."
He looks at me oddly for a moment. I realize he's carrying a set of conga drums past the door. OH! Drums. Drums. Yeah, huhh.
Him: "You sure you don't want 'em? Th'old lady's makin' me throw all my toys out."
Me: "Drums! Yes. Yes, please. I actually play drums. Wow, really? You're just giving them away?? I'd love them, thank you so much!"
And that's how I scored free congas. I'm trying to be less suspicious of my neighbors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

best story. hands down.
ReplyDeleteD.A.R.E.
Drum Abuse Resistance Education
You Go! my lit'l drumr girl! xox
ReplyDelete