Chinese New Year is the best part of February, 10 out of 10 of rabbits agree!
Last year, I was touring visitors around and we unknowingly wandered into the biggest confetti explosion I've ever seen. This year, I did my research and found out that the parade would be on Superbowl Sunday, or -- more importantly -- my mom's birthday.
A little group of us got together to catch the action: Drew, Amanda, James, Sam, Sara and I met up in Chinatown and, although we missed most of the parade and it's star dragon (some straggling mid-segments wandered past on side streets), we did get bubble tea from my favorite place and cracked our own confetti poppers and took probably hundreds of pictures between the six of us. Cops look better when sparkly, I have to say.
 |
| "Make it sparkle." Good advice, always. |
 |
| What a party! |
 |
| Go Drew, Go! |
 |
| This guy had not only dyed his beard, but his little dog too. |
 |
| Friends :) |
 |
| SuperBowl Retreat! |
After we'd had enough of the chaos, we decided to grab some food but got scared away from our favorite "Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodle!" place by a scary lady inside who decided that our little group waiting in the double-doored entry was making her waaay too cold in her down jacket and scarf. So she shut the door in between us with a quick, mean sarcastic statement and poor Sam got separated from us in the process. I think what was making this woman cold was her lack of a heart, but that's only a guess. Luckily, we happened upon a perfect bar with Superbowl snacks and drink specials. I think the year of the Rabbit will be a good one, because it started with a day like this. Pop!
 |
Uh oh, matchy-matchy....
Happy Birthday, Mom! xoxox |
Aw Hannah.....Your thinking of me touches my heart! xoxoMoM Sparkle!
ReplyDelete