Winter is a magical season in New York. Cars and crosswalks end up buried in 6' mounds that are a mixture of curbed garbage and snow, and there's
occasionally a LIGHTNING STORM during a blizzardly white-out. I didn't even think that was possible, but it happened and I saw it, so there.
 |
| Stalactites! |
 |
| My skylight makes me feel like I live in an igloo. |
New Yorkers are avid complainers, and they will wander past you through the narrow and winding cleared pathways muttering expletives about the snow. One might even awake to a morning shoveler yelling "Yo, Mayor Bloomberg!" Headlines have been reading: "New York In For Another Crushing Winter Storm" and "Citizens Sick and Tired of Endless Winter". (This headline was spotted in January. JANUARY. I'd like to see how these people would deal with Montana's 9 months of snow.)
I enjoy the fresh stuff, it covers up a lot of nastiness that you might otherwise have the misfortune to spot. The crustified mountains that are just hanging around now are amusing, but certainly only add to the city's gray monochrome. They contain frozen dog turds and lost hats and burger wrappers and sports cars. But, no matter what the papers say, I hope we get dumped on a few more times before the end of March. Bring it, Noreasterlies!
 |
| Sam & James pose in front of a pile of schnee. |
Awesome lightening strike amidst the clouds! And the tites go down and the igloo imagery and schnee! I am with you it covers up the yucky stuff so beautifully.
ReplyDeleteYES, I bet if NewYorkers had to suffer through snow year round like Montanans do, then their complaints would even make their own ears bleed!
MoM