Here are a couple of recent animation projects I've been working on late at night and on the road. The first is a kinetic typography animation I put together after hours all of this past week. My friend happened to ask me at a pumpkin carving party if I knew of any animators. He needed one dance number in the off-Broadway play he's working on to have an accompanying animation. He had come up with a list of technology buzz-words that he wanted to play on a projection behind the dancers. I figured I could do it, not fully realizing how much time goes into animating a 58-second spot. Now that the project has been turned over to the crew, I feel like there's so much more I could to do make it better, but I'm learning to recognize that I can't work myself ragged over low-paid, low-pressure projects. My friend loved the outcome, so that's good enough!
The second video is an opening title I completed for my friend Lacy's independent short film, Little Pink Balloon. It's also not quite perfect, but I feel like I'm learning to use After Effects by just pounding on these side gigs, and that some day I'll have a moment where it clicks.
No comments:
Post a Comment