Sunday, January 13

Holidays, home-style

I was so lucky to get to spend ten days in beautiful, snowy Montana with my family and friends over the holidays.   Of course, you don't let weather like this go to waste -- you get out in it;  cross-country skiing, sledding, and moonlight skating every chance possible.  Indoors, I was spoiled with amazing food and holiday cocktails and more gifts than could fit in my carry-on.  2012 was a great year, and I couldn't have asked for a better wrap-up to it, red bows and all.

Kurt and I built a Boyscout Fire



Tom & Jerrys all around, Christmas morning
Sledditude


swoosh

NightTime IceCapades on the Lake
Double Axel


testing the ice for proper thickness






































New Year's Eve was spent in California with sunshine, a dancefloor, friends, and the Kubrick exhibit at LACMA.  I think it was a good choice to ring in 2013 with blue skies and greenery before returning to gray NYC, but my friends in both places are what really make the miles worthwhile.  Cheers to another year with the people I love, the experiences we get to share, and all the aerial views in between.

I was pretty proud of the garnishes on my
first ever batch of Bloody Marys.
LACMA - some modern art.
Little cities in the night

Snow Squares over Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment